Business Coaching Client Agreement In consideration of the coaching services exchanged, Creative Surge Media by Nia Patterson (“Company”) and me, “The Client," agree to the following terms and conditions contained herein:
- Successful coaching relationships require a co-active collaborative approach with The Client and The Company. In the relationship, The Company plays the role of a facilitator of change, and it is The Client's responsibility to enact or bring about the desired change. The Company cannot guarantee results or success. The Company will work diligently to guide The Client.
- The Client can, at any point during coaching sessions, declare their preference not to discuss a specific issue by simply stating that they do not wish to discuss this issue. The Company agrees to respect such boundaries.
- All coaching services, principles, methods, tools, and suggestions delivered by Creative Surge Media by Nia Patterson are meant to challenge, educate, motivate, and support clients. However, coaching is not psychotherapy. Coaching may augment therapy, yet coaching should be utilized when significant emotional and psychological wounds are healed or nearly healed. In that spirit, please read the following and sign below in agreement with each individual statement.
- All coaching sessions must be booked and attended within three months of the initial purchase.
- I, the client, understand and agree that:
- The coaching services I will receive from The Company are not offered in any way as a substitute for mental health or psychological care. I understand that my coach is not acting in any way as a psychotherapist, psychologist, or other mental health professional and does not purport to offer mental health care.
- Coaching sessions are not psychological counseling, relationship counseling, financial advising, estate planning, or any other type of counseling or therapy sessions. Representatives of The Company are not financial advisors and no content provided either by The Company or coaching materials are intended as financial advice. Nia Patterson does not recommend any particular investment.
- My coach will maintain the confidentiality of our communications only to the extent defined by federal law or, if applicable, United States of America law.
- I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching calls, including but not limited to my choices, reactions, and decisions. If I feel I need professional counseling or therapy, it is my responsibility to seek the help of a licensed professional.
- All comments and ideas offered by my coach are solely intended to aid in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent and give consent to my coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge Creative Surge Media by Nia Patterson and all employees from every claim, demand, or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of actions, errors, omissions, or commissions taken by myself, Nia Patterson of Creative Surge Media, or its representatives as a result of the services provided or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated hereunder. I will not hold The Company, its coaches, or its representatives responsible for any negligent actions or adverse results, whether known or unknown, that I may incur or suffer as a result of the coaching session I receive. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement, or agreement not herein expressed has been made to me to enter into this release. The release made pursuant to this paragraph shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.
Conversations between The Coach and The Client within coaching sessions are confidential and will be protected as such. Information will be shared outside of these sessions only with The Client’s written consent or if the law requires disclosure.
However, the following are instances where the coach may be obligated to supersede the confidentiality agreement without The Client’s permission:
- If it is assessed during your coaching sessions that abuse, neglect, or endangerment of others is occurring.
- If the coach perceives that the client intends to, or threatens to, harm another individual and the coach is convinced that the client will act on this threat or that the client may lose control of his or her own actions.
- If at any time the coach determines that the client is in danger to themselves or others, the coach may inform the client of that opinion and make every effort to keep the client from endangering their life or the lives of others. In some cases, this may include notifying appropriate authorities, professionals, family members, or friends as deemed appropriate.
- Regarding general safety, The Company further recommends that all clients use technology, cell phones, and other media appropriately and safely during all coaching interactions. Coaches will assume that interaction is safe and appropriate if a client uses technology or devices to communicate with their coach. The Company does not recommend coaching while driving or operating vehicles.